The church is who we are when we follow Jesus and live his mission together! Below is a brief outline of our vision-framework that explains how we as a church intend to live the mission of Jesus in our community.
Our mission: Inviting people to follow Jesus so they become more like him!
This means we want to do more than lead people to Christ. We also want to lead them to maturity and lead them in living the mission of Christ. Our ultimate aim is to present every person “complete in Christ (Colossians 1:28).” We want to be more like Jesus in our thinking, affections and actions.
- Everyone Matters: As long as there is one lost person in our community who does not know Jesus, we want to do everything we can to reach him or her.
- Community Focused: We focus on loving and serving the needs of people in our community to build bridges for the gospel.
- Relationally Warm: We create safe places for people to connect and grow.
- Scripture Lived: We learn Scripture to live Scripture.
- Next-Step Discipleship: We want to be disciples of Jesus who are eager to take the next step in following him.
For us, values don’t just describe what we do, but how we do everything we do. It creates a context for us that defines how we make decisions and work together.
- Worship: Worship God in all that we do
- Grow: Grow in faith every day
- Serve: Serve others before ourselves
- Reach: Reach our world one person at a time
If our mission describes what we are about, our strategy describes how we do it. We want to invite people to worship with us, to grow with us, to serve others, and to reach others for Christ with us.
G – Growing love for God and others
R – Reading God’s word and praying daily as a way of connecting with God
O – Openly connecting with others in groups
W – Wanting to tell others about Christ
T – Totally excited about giving
H – Humbly serving
Our mission indicators are a description of what happens in peoples’ lives when we are effectively living our vision-framework together as a church.